Friday, February 27, 2009

Back away from the cruise ship jewelry counter and no one gets hurt.


I can’t begin to tell you how much jewelry (I use the term loosely here) that we’ve had to repair from such cruise ships.

The number of my customer’s that say things like, “The cruise ship recommended we go to this jewelry store.” Or “We purchased it on the cruise ship for a great price.”


I’m beginning to think that cruise ships are nothing but floating jewelry stores. The quality of jewelry is always substandard. That is why I see so much of it. We don’t carry this type of substandard jewelry I want to be able to look you in the face after you make a jewelry purchase, and I don’t have the ability to sail off into the sunset.

It’s funny while we are out in the middle of the ocean our common sense goes on vacation as well, only to be put back into commission when we arrive home. My customer’s quickly run to see me to let me know they've dropped anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars at the counter of the cruise ship. It’s a cautionary tale my friends. My customers are always surprised that their floating bargain isn’t such a bargain. If it seems too good to be true IT IS!!


Here are a few photos of actual cruise ship jewelry:

This is a tennis bracelet that is extremely rough. My customer wants me to fix it. There is nothing to fix it's just poorly made too light weight and industrial quality stones.


Photobucket

My advice is purchase jewelry from your local jeweler. You wouldn't accept substandard from us why would you accept substandard just because you're on vacation?


Photobucket

Stones are already coming out of this bracelet, purchased on board.

How nice the cruise ships don't have to deal with all the repair. This jewelry isn't a bargain it's just bad.

Rhonda Irizarry http://www.countrymansvillage.com

No comments: